Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Release set up?

deadeye

I am wondering what the majority of the bow hunters have to say about this.

I always shoot a release when hunting and on my shooting hand I always wear a glommit ( a glove that peels back to expose your fingers). I like the glommit because my hands stay warmer and I have my bare finger on the trigger. I shoot a stiffer release so when it is cold I don't touch it off to early because your finger is numb. I know all of bow season isn't that cold, but some of it can be really cold - especially late season.

I was wondering what setup works well hunting for everybody. Especially when temps do drop.

I shoot a rope release that has a rather small head attached to my wrist strap with a 1/4 inch rope. When it gets cold, I have a glomitt that I put a hole through right on the inside of the wrist. The head of the release fits through the hole and I am able to load and trigger the release with just one finger sticking out of the main slot in the mit. The wrist strap is actually under the cuff of the mit which is tucked under the sleeve of my jacket.

if it gets cold enough to wear gloves i usually ball my release hand up in a glove and stuff it in a pocket. when i need to shoot i'll pull it out of the glove and be bare handed. otherwise i'll just have my hand in a pocket bare handed with a hand warmer.

Top Bottom