Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Releases

Hello all. I've been viewing this site for some time now and can't say enough about how much useful information a person can get from here. I figured that at some point I would have a dilema that some of you may be able to help me out on. Anyway, I am looking to get a new release and just wondered if anyone has recommendations, things to look for etc. I mainly just shoot my bow to practice for hunting season and also like to go to a few 3-D shoots. The release I currently use is a caliper style with a wrist strap. It's worn out pretty much. Any help would be appreciated. P.S. What about the thumb releases that are out there?

BK,
I use a tru ball tornado and love it. It is gets the job done for target and isn't as touchy as some in hunting conditions. Welcome to the site!
waytogo.gif

welcome to the site. like limb chicken i use a tru ball release. however i use the "rackmaster" model. it has a rope connector between the wrist strap and the actual release mechanism. i love it because it's so flexible. on a side note it also stays out of the way when i'm climbing into my trees.

Tru Ball Releases

check out their website, both Limb's and my releases are featured in their equipment list on the left side of the page.

I have shot the TB Loopmaster for a couple of years. I now am shooting the Short and Sweet from TRU Ball that is easier to shoot using back tension. Another great feature is it allows you to shoot with your middle finger and not the index (which is the finger that is normally associated with punching the trigger) I shoot a Stanislawki for Indoor spots and just purchased a TB Sweet Spot 2 that I am going to shoot Indoor and 3D with.....if it goes like I hope it may even see some hunt time. You can still shoot a d-loop on your string and it actually connects easier than a caliper release. Lots of choices out there, go to a shop and try a bunch. Have fun.

I lost my left index finger from the nail up a couple of week's ago and unfortunatly that was/is my trigger finger for my release for my bow and shotgun.I'm not sure how it will all work out but my son was telling me about a release that you use your middle finger.Has anyone ever heard of this type of release.
I was also wondering if anyone here has ever had to adapt to a new style of shooting as a result of an injury?I'm going to figure out a way to make thing's work but I'm a little bit nervouse about the whole thing right now.I was going to try to switch to a different release anyway so now I guess I have a good reason!

confused.gif

buckhunter - this last summer i was having target panic very bad and i switched from using my index finger to my middle finger and experimented with my thumb on a normal truball rackmaster. it worked fine once i got used to it. you might have to lengthen or shorten your release up a bit but i'll bet you can still use it with a bit of practice.

I use the Tru Ball Prodiamond T-handle release and love it. The trigger is activated by your thunmb and cured my target panic.

I use a Carter Target 4 for target and 3D, and I use a Carter Lockjaw 2000 for hunting. They are super reliable, very durable, easy to shoot. They have lots of adjustments so they are easy to custom fit. Take a look, www.carterenterprises.com. I think that is theor address, I've had it on my favorites for a few years now.

Kinda depends on if you are shooting a loop or not but I use a Scott Little Goose. I like it for the same reasons Muddy likes his release. It has a small strap that attaches it to the wrist strap. I can tuck it in my shirt sleeve when I climb the tree and hang my stand and it keeps me from banging it on everything. When I'm in the stand and ready to go I just pull it back out of my sleeve and I'm ready to go.

Take your bow to a archery shop and try some to see what fits you best. Oh, and welcome to the site.

I use the three finger under the knock release.
evil.gif
Sorry about that
grin.gif
Welcome to the sight!!

Welcome BK
I've been shooting a carter for about 4 years. It's still going strong. But I just bought a tru-ball for my daughter and after trying it, I kind of want it for my own.
smirk.gif

Top Bottom