Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rough start to opening gun season

J

jduckman

This trip began on 12/2/05. I was following a hunting partner from Davenport to Blue Grass to leave my truck at another partner's home when I realized I forgot my climber, figured I would have to hunt on the ground.Was able to borrow a climber when we dropped off the truck. After leaving there, we stopped for gas and noticed that the trailer with the four wheelers had blown the hub and bearings on the right side.
frown.gif
Figured this was it. Well, one of the guys remembered that a friend of their's had a shop about two blocks away. After a quick phone call, we were on our way to the shop. Tore apart the wheel and we were off to find parts. Withing 30 minutes we were on our way back with the parts. After some quick work we were back on the road to southern Iowa. Now comes opening morning. There were five of us stand hunting. By 11:30 am,we had tagged five bucks and two does by the end of the day. As for the bucks, we had one 11 pt., one 10 pt. nontypical, two 9 pt'rs and a 7 pt. The two does were not that big. On Sunday we had filled the last two doe tags by 9 am. A decent outcome to a hunting trip that appeared to start in a very poor fashion. This was one of the better years, guess the snow helped. Oh,the memories!

Welcome to the Site.

Sound like everything came around your way, congratulation on a great season. Any picture? We all love to see the rewards large or small.

Welcome! Glad your hunt ended up better than it started. congrats on deer!

show us the pics, i can`t hunt for 2 more weeks, IM GOING CRAZY
blink.gif
oh yah welcome aboard
grin.gif

Top Bottom