Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Round Up Ready Soybeans

DeerHunter3

I am going to seed some soybeans down in my plot this weekend, I have sprayed the plot once already a couple of weeks ago. However I did miss some big spots...with that said if I am using round up ready beans can I seed them and spray over them in the same day? Or would I be better off spraying for weeds after they have established?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

I believe if do a burn down you're supposed to wait about 10 days before planting or seeding. I assume it'd be the same if you seeded first and sprayed in the same day. If you plant this weekend and wait for emergence you'll probably pick up a few more weeds that haven't come up yet anyway.

NWBuck

No problem with seeding and spraying same day. Reality is you'll probably need to do a second spray about a month later on everything. Bigger concern for you may be if you'll have any bean plants left for the second spray. Unless you have at least about a 3-ac block, your deer will probably eat them clean. At $50/bag for bean seed, you might want to plant some oats & clover instead --- then come back with a brassica mix or some other combo later in summer.

Top Bottom