Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Roundup Coverage

Crispy

I'm preparing to spray our 2 acres of foodplots with roundup this weekend. I bought a 32 oz jug of the Roundup Super Concentrate. The jug says it will make 23 Gallons but only cover 6100 sq ft, I have to do 2 acres. I don't see how I can use 23 gallons on an area 60x100'. Shouldn't 23 gallons cover 2 acres easily? I don't know what the pump rate is on our ATV sprayer. This is our 1st time trying to establish the food plot so any help would be very much appreciated.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm preparing to spray our 2 acres of foodplots with roundup this weekend. I bought a 32 oz jug of the Roundup Super Concentrate. The jug says it will make 23 Gallons but only cover 6100 sq ft, I have to do 2 acres. I don't see how I can use 23 gallons on an area 60x100'. Shouldn't 23 gallons cover 2 acres easily? I don't know what the pump rate is on our ATV sprayer. This is our 1st time trying to establish the food plot so any help would be very much appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

It normally takes 1-2 quarts per acre depending on what your tying to kill (tough grasses like fescue or brome vs small broadleaf weeds)

Assuming your using this , one quart in 20 gallons of water would only cover about 1/2 an acre too an acre.

20 gallons of water/herbicide is normal spray rate.

Somewhere between 21,700 to 43,560 sq feet...but without calibrating your sprayer first...I'm afraid your "flying in the dark".

Check the herbicide thread for links on calibration. If nothing else put a tank of water thru it noting the the distance and see what you end up with.

I agree with dbltree. I think most farmers use a quart of roundup and 20 gallons water to the acre.

I found a deal at a Teisons store for Glyphosate "Roundup" $45 for 2.5 gal jug it is 41% active ingrediant not sure how that compares to roundup from the elavator but should work for me. Check the label on your roundup to see the active ingrediant concentration you may be surprised. I saw some Roundup in the same store but in the garden section for around $20/quart and that had like 19% active ingrediant, crazy.

Most of your round up rates, recomended by Monsanto, are 22, 28, and 32 oz to the acre. If trying to kill switchgrass or late brome, 44 oz of round up to the acre. Most people use 15 gallon to the acre (thats water+chemical). You can use what ever amount of water you want, but try not to go below 8 gallons per acre because of coverage.

Top Bottom