Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rubber Boot?

ZG

PMA Member
I've got a set of rubber boots with hole in them. I've tried using a patching kit but the hole is right on top and in the crease that's created when you walk. Any other ideas?

New boots or real shallow water. Seems like it is harder & harder to find someone who really knows how to patch tires but if you can get it ground down so a tire patch will adhere it will give you a fighting chance at a dry foot.

My two year old pair of Red Heads are doing the same thing. I filled the hole up with silicon, but it kept getting bigger. I'm just going to get a new pair before turkey season. Its not worth messing with any more.

jason

Switch to gortex water proof boots and if you're concerned about scent just make an effort to wear them only in the woods and use Ghost or other scent eliminators. I think boots that breath are way more confortable.
waytogo.gif

Do what DOR suggests.

I have six pairs of knee high rubber LaCrosse and have never had a problem. Spend the little extra money and the next time you cross the creek you will be glad that you did.

There is no argument there, the Lacrosse boots are great. I had a pair of northerners and poked a hole in the top. I found a old tire repair shop who actually grinded the top of the boot and the applied the patch this makes the glue stick better. Just a little help if any.

Top Bottom