Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rubber Stinks

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

Cooter

I bought a pair of La Crosse Alpha burly sports before this hunting season and no matter what sent killer I spay them with the rubber smell keeps comeing back. If I can smell it deer should no problem smelling my in and out trailsor when I'm in the stand. Does anyone know how to get rid of the odor?
confused.gif

buy leather boots and give me the rubber ones, that's the only way to get rid of the smell
smile.gif

seriously though, probably take some time. rub some mud and cow crap on them if you hunt in swampy or cow pasture areas.

I wear leather danners unless it is raining or I have to cross some water to get to my stand. But I do have the alpha burly sports and the smell does eventually go away (or seems to).

I bought the same pair of boots this year, but I'm not having that problem.... any more. What I did was, this may sound strange, but I sprayed them with my old scent killer, then when they were still wet, I took a hand full of dirt and really rubbed it on the rubber covering the whole boot. Hey it worked for me. Good luck and good hunting!
jason

I don't think the smell ever really goes away, I got a few pairs laying around, that i have worn out, every pair I have, if i hold it to my nose, I can still smell the rubber. Running them through mud or cow crap does mask the smell, But I've never seemed to figure out a way to get rid of the smell on the inside, I think it has something to do with constantly being drenched with sweat, and not getting a thorough beating like the outside gets. the whole saying how rubber boots are scent free is true, but what they are talking about is the scent from inside the boot cannot get to the outside, like it can with leather boots. Leather boots can let perspiration out which contains sweat, and eventually soaks into the leather making them stinky too. I think in both cases just running them through the mud alot, and other substances along with spraying some scent spray on them, will do the trick just fine. I noticed everytime when i get to my tree, and pull my pantlegs out of my boots and put them over them, that i get strong whiff of rubber everytime
frown.gif

I have used them right out of the box sprayed them down with The Ghost and have never had a problem. They still smell like rubber boots but they don't smell like me I think is the important part if that makes any sense.

I wouldn't worry about it much. I have been using rubber boots from the very beginning. I often walk deer trails to get to my stands (much quieter), and I always see deer walk directly through trails I have just used, being none the wiser.

I should also mention that I always tuck my pants or overalls inside of my rubber boots, as to minimize scent left behind by my clothing as I travel (on tall grass, CRP etc.), and that I try to spray down my boots with scent elimination product before every hunt.

SWhovel some cow doo, that should solve it and be on the safe side...
I got the wrong impression of the title of your post at first.

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom