Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Saturday Morning Double

Horn Hunter

My son was able to take his first turkey Saturday morning at about 8 am. We were out in the same area where I shot my first bow bird on Wednesday with a friend of mine and they both were able to shoot birds. The birds were gobbling good on the roost but they stopped gobbling as soon as they got on the ground. We continued to sit and wait. Right at 8 am I saw to birds coming from the east and told my son to get ready. It turned out that those to birds were hens but I soon saw two strutters walking along behind them. As soon as they saw the decoys they came jogging in. I told my son to pick one out and shoot when he was ready and I hoped that my friend, who was outside the blind would shoot the other one. They got up to the pretty girl and looked at the pretty boy and the started to turn back and it looked like they were going to run off. My son shot the lead bird and dropped him in his tracks and my friend quickly followed up on the second one and we had two birds on the ground. My son's bird ended up being a little heaiver at 22 lbs compared to 17 lbs for my friend's bird. Both beards were 10 3/4 inches and my son's bird had one spur that was 1 inch and the other just a little under an inch.

My sons been hunting with me for quite a few years and we were both really excited for him to get his first bird. The best part was that we got it on video so we can watch it again and again.

My son Chad is the one on the left, in front of the blind and my friend Tom is on the right.
4804Picture_020-med.jpg

Top Bottom