Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Savage Muzzleloader

idsman75

Okay, I'm active in another forum whose name I won't mention here. A question was raised there about the Savage smokeless muzzleloader. I swear I saw a thread here on Iowa Whitetail about it. Does anyone have any opinion with regards to this gun? As I recall the opinions voiced were somewhat negative with regards to accuracy.

Yes, I bought one it shot so bad I sent it back to Savage12'' @ 100 yds. I have called several times and they give me the run around on whats wrong , this smokeless muzzleloader is fairly new and I think they are expermenting with the people who bought them to find out whats wrong. Here are the things I found.
Very sensitive to sabot dia. In fact the bullet will loge in the barrel if the sabot pressure is not perfect. To get the bullet down the barrel you need a 5 ton press. The 209 primmers stick in the bolt after firing you have to pull them out with pliers
It has a trigger that is total junk. This muzzleloader needs to go back to the drawing board. Do not buy this Savage. I told them at Savage that I do not want the gun back, it that bad !!!!!!!

Top Bottom