Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

scout mountain sight

scout

My brother-in-law mucked up the sight on his MagnaTech and replaced it with a Scout Mountain. He really likes it and thinks its by far brighter than the hoyt sight he had. I looked at it and after hearing great things about the Scout Mountains was perhaps expecting to much. I think the pin posts are to thick and should be metal instead of plastic. I did not test it for brightness.

The funny part is the story behind the reason his sight needed replaced in the first place!

He has killed some impressive deer in the past which creates its own monster. well he was explaining how the bow/peep/rubber tube/ rest/kisser/est worked to a non-hunter to late in the evening and drew back with his release half-a$$ velcrowed around his wrist. the velcrow let loose and he dry fired the thing, causing his release to careen forward into the sight window breaking every pin! Worse yet the bow came unstrung and the lower limb came out of the limb pocket! It all hung there in a giant mess! I would have paid to have been there!
Great guy! I love him like a brother, but he makes ya wonder. One time he walked up to my stand and said he had hit one. We had planned to get the other if so. We walked to his stand and I quickly notice blood speckeled near the bottom of the tree. I said "there's blood right here". His reply.... "Thats mine" and so goes his life story.

HEY I got a big picture too! I love it here! I have to remember to write that check.

The brightness is second to none, but the pins are a little thick for indoor shooting but work fine on a whitetail. It seems to be pretty rugged haven't had any problems with it failing or breaking, but I haven't had my release fly thru the sight either. So for I will keep shooting mine until something I like better comes along.

I have the scout mt spike fiber optic site on my Darton bow.Its the best and brightest site that i have ever used.All of my friends see it and then buy one for their bow.I rate it A+

Top Bottom