Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scrape dripper

I've only used them for something to put my camera on. Worked great for that. Several different bucks came to that scape over and over again.

Yep, I've used them for several years and have 10 drippers that I'll use each year.

Trick is to NOT put more then 1oz liquid in at a time, any more and it will not work at all. Also, they do freeze at about 25F you'll start having troubles. However, this can be helped by wrapping a disposable handwarmer around it the morning you hunt over it. These things are finicky but they are alot of fun.

Also something to think about. You know that I hunt alot of wilderness area, same sub-species as your deer, the best scent that I've found for big woods deer has been hands down Tinks 69. Every thing else has had limited response and some no response at all. Some work great in the farmlands but after twenty years of working with scent drippers in a deep woods environment I will not use anything but Tinks 69 in this situation. I've tried just about all of it at one time or another, but I keep coming back to Tinks 69.

I like to find a good overhanging limb, hang a dripper (1oz, will last about a week), scrape some leaves back,set up a camera and it almost never fails. An existing scrape is even better. Perfect if you find an active breeding scrape and the temps will allow the driper to work the soil.

Fun with the cameras for sure. Good luck and have fun. They are certainly worth the time.

My best archery buck came from a scrape that I had been working for almost a month. It was a good feeling killing him on "my scrape".
grin.gif

I've always had a thought about them, but have never tried them.

I think they were promoted as saying to hang them on the western edge of a field so the Eastern Morning Sun warms them up and they drip...suppose to make nocturnal bucks visit it during early morning.

Top Bottom