Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SD Cam Pics

S

sddeerhunter

Finally remembered to scan this years cam trakker pictures. This one is probably the best. Just thought you guys and gals might like to have a look. I've got a couple more pictures of him and his twin brother, I'll post them if you are curious.

sdbuck.jpg

WOW!,
.........And I thought Iowa had big bucks. Is this your first sighting of this deer or is a regular in your area? Awesome buck! Good luck to ya this year.

BT

That's a great photo, and a great buck ! Have you seen him out of velvet this year? Good luck going after him/them.

Thanks guys. He's a great buck. I see him about twice a week, however, can't seem to get close during shooting hours. Most of the time, I see him while spotlighting, which isn't frowned on as much up here. He is our land, so should have an opportunity at him sooner or later. Unfortunately, it will probably be later, since most of my October hunting consists of side-stepping corn rows and we had alot of wind and hail this summer which makes it hard to get in and out quietly. Any suggestions as far as tactics other than treestands for early season, we don't have any trees.

Here's another pic of him and his twin brother that he is running with.

crop5x6velvet.jpg
crop5x6velvet02.jpg

crop5x6velvet3.jpg

WOW
shocked.gif
those are some dandy's. I sure wish you luck in getting to sample the back straps on either of those two brutes. Good luck and thanks for sharing. :
wavey.gif

Great pics! You've got a couple dandy bucks there...good luck this fall.

If you're gonna be doing all your hunting from the ground, I'd recommend wearing a 3-D leafy suit of some kind. Any chance you have a portable blind that you could set up and leave out? Might want to consider getting one if you don't.
cool.gif

TB

Wow those are really nice bucks. The only thing I would tell you on hunting them with no trees is to try a Double Bull blind. You could actually use the corn to blend the blind in and hunt the deer from the ground.

Good luck and keep us all posted.

T.D.

Top Bottom