Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Season Reflections

muddy

Just curious as to how you all think the season shaped up to be. On a whole I think this year was MUCH better than last. Not because I got 2 birds but becasue the weather was much more "springy" and things worked out much more typically. There wasn't snow and sleet like last year and the birds were workable. It seemed last spring that they were spooky from day one and this year I was able to call and have birds work till the last day. Overall I'm happy with how this spring turned out.

Now, let's just hope the summer passes quickly and the rut will be better than last year!!
peace.gif

2nd season weather could have been a little better, I could have been more patient (cost me a bird), but 4th season was excellent. Either way, there is no other place I'd rather be than the spring turkey woods... rain or shine. ... and what a year for mushrooms. Picked another batch (last batch) on Friday. Almost, ALMOST to the point of not wanting anymore.

I had quite probably the best season I've ever had and I didn't even bring home a bird. I think I finially got my mind set to switch back to a recurve for all hunting. I've been doing it for years now for birds but not deer. It's just so much simpler. The turkeys this year were great. They cooperated allmost everytime I went out. I was able to pass up some and just plain blow it on others. It was great. I picked more morels than I care to think about and found 3 additional sheds while turkey hunting, not even looking for them. Even the snakebite on the last day has made me laugh so it added to the season also. What more could I have wanted from such a great past month and a half?
peace.gif

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

grin.gif

That picture is awesome Shovel, you made my day.
grin.gif

That picture is great.
smile.gif
Well I would consider this season to be the best season yet. My dad and I both got our birds on the first day of hunting. Which was pretty cool since the years before we didn't see one turkey. I also got to pick a few mushrooms and had a blast the whole season. All in all it was the best season in our short hunting career.
smirk.gif

...good season...I do wish the weather had been a bit better during the first 2 weekends of 4th season as it was the only times my buddy (a newbie) could get out and hunt...despite that we had several close calls and he got to miss 2 birds (twice on one)...he was using my shotgun, which has never missed before - hopefully he has all the bad shots taken out of the gun now!...cannot wait to do it all over again!...
smile.gif

A great Spring! Just fantastic to be out there. Spring flowers and mushrooms galore, songbirds singing and geese honking with turkeys in every field and ditch. A great mix of weather to venture out in.
Shoot, this is a close to heaven as you will get here on this earth.......
angel.gif

Even tho I still have 3 days to hunt here is my 2 cents. Very weird year as far as the weather was concerned... cold then hot... and vicey versa. Birds were plentyful but not very cooperative. Buddy I was hunting with got busted by a gobbler at 20 yards, screwed up on another by thinking I was smarter than him
doah.gif
But all in all a great year to be in the woods.
waytogo.gif
Hopefully I will have a good "war" story to tell by the end of the weekend.
beerchug.gif

Well, a shot and a miss with my bow, and a follow shot ringing out of my brothers 12 ga finished opening morning. The rest of the season offered me 18 different shot opportunities on jakes and not 1 on a tom. Next year might be really good. I don't think I've ever picked so many mushrooms!! All in all, a fun season.

Pupster

i thought it was a great year. my budday and i got a double second season on some really big birds and fourth season i didnt get out too much because of finals for college, but on the last morning i decided to take a jake, since it was the last hour i could hunt. the birds where everywhere this year, couldnt of asked for a better year. on the second to last day i had nine bucks walk by me, so im getting pumped for deer season now, only five more months!! goodluck to all!!!

Another awesome season. Got my biggest bird during 2nd season and tagged a jake during 4th when time was running short for the end of the season. Noticed there was ALOT less green-up in the timber during 4th this year, which allowed me to see those birds from a ways off. Called in my brother-in-laws first turkey during 3rd season, and that was about the best feeling in the world. All in all, I did alot of hunting, filled my tags and got to help and/or see other friends fill thiers. Not to mention the mushrooms!!!!!

Top Bottom