Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

seed filler help

mnshedhunter

quick question. Im looking for a filler to add too some Shot Plot for seeding a 2 acre field.. last year i used a fertilizer or something the guy at the feedmill suggested.. it worked awesome.. cant remember what it was though? it was about the same size as the turnip seeds.. any suggestions

seed filler

If you are in need of a filler with turnips there are several options. I have used winter wheat before myself with good results. I have also used dry fertilizer as a carrier for turnips or radishes. Also floor dry would be an inexpensive filler if you do not want the wheat or need any more fertilizer. Good luck!

thanks for the post, i ended up using some fertilizer that was about the same size as the turnip seed, mixed it 50/50.... Using a hand seeder its hard to seed those Brassica light enough, even the smallest setting on the hand seeder kicks it out too fast, Mixing it with the fertilizer works nice becuase then you can at least slow it down 50% and get the right seeding rate!....:way:

Top Bottom