Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SF 18 - Sen. Jeff Angelo

S

Shoe

As far as I can find out this bill was filed by Sen . Jeff Angelo district 48 he is from Creston.
It would be a good idea if we would all e-mail him and express our concerns or objections.
His e-mail
[email protected]

It would be interesting to note how many of the 1000+ members of this site will take the time to send an e-mail with your views on SF-18.

This would be more valuable then all the discussions on this topic we have had.

I did, who's next.....

This bill is still in the Senate Natural Resources and Environment Committee. This is the place to stop this before it will be voted on in the Iowa Senate. This bill has made it to committee, So Jeff Angelo is not the only guy to email. Email everyone in the Senate Natural Resourves Committee. Here are thier email addresses and phone numbers. All bills concerning hunting and fishing will run through either this committee or the House Natural Resources Committe. All of these people should be in your email address book and they should know you by name!!! And if you have a pair, you should be calling them too!!!

Hubert Houser (R, district 49) Chair
[email protected]
Home Telephone: 712-486-2597
Office Telephone: 712-486-2597

David Johnson (R, district 3) vice Chair
[email protected]
Home Telephone: 712-758-3280

Joe Seng (D, district 43) Ranking Member
[email protected]
Home Telephone: 563-391-1627
Office Telephone: 563-522-5522

Dennis Black (D, district 21)
[email protected]
Office Telephone: 641-792-9780

Joe Bolkcom (D, district 39)
[email protected]
Home Telephone: 319-337-6280

Bob Brunkhorst (R, district 9)
[email protected]
Home Telephone: 319-352-0065
Office Telephone: 319-483-3026

Dick Dearden (D, district 34)
[email protected]
Home Telephone: 515-262-1203

Richard Drake (R, district 40)
Home Telephone: 563-263-2573
Office Telephone: 563-263-2573

Jack Holveck (D, district 32)
[email protected]
Home Telephone: 515-277-5064
Office Telephone: 515-245-3860

John Kibbie (D, district 4)
[email protected]
Home Telephone: 712-852-4140

Mary Lundby (R, district 18)
[email protected]
Home Telephone: 319-373-6639
Office Telephone: 319-373-6639

David Miller (R, district 45)
[email protected]
Office Telephone: 614-472-5049

Ron Wieck (R, district 27)
[email protected]
Home Telephone: 712-276-4008

Mark Zieman (R, district 8)
[email protected]
Home Telephone: 563-864-3104
Office Telephone: 563-539-2995

I have emailed both my Senator and
representative and now have added Senator Angelo to the list. Everyone should do the same. Keep it going!

I wrote all the committee members a letter here is one response I recieved:

thank you very much for your thoughts. I had not considered the argument about outside hunters buying up the land for hunting and preventing other Iowa hunters from using the land. The pressure to increase license fee is coming from the fact that the state is short of revenue and we are seeking ways to fund programs and licensing always funds programs for DNR. Also the instate hunters don't want a fee increase and tell us to increase out of state fees. It is really a catch 22. Thanks for writing.

Already have.

I think the best way to stop SF 18 is: You who have newly elected reps and senators MUST let them know how you feel, as they are generally more impessionable than most of the incumbents. I think there are somewhere around 50 new members of the Legislature, and they are the key to shooting this proposal down.

Let's quit spending our time arguing and start taking matters into our own hands! Contact your congressmen/women today!

Another Reply

Taxpayer/Voter,

Actually, when you communicate with any public officials, it is not necessary to use the subtle intimidation of advising them of your being a taxpayer/voter! Such subconscious "threats" of voter retaliation in case the official differs from your views are absolutely unnecessary, and only tend to cause the receiver to delete the message.

I listen to all Iowans, regardless of whether they vote or pay taxes. You do not receive priority consideration because you happen to vote or pay taxes. Actually, you don't vote in my district, and as to taxes paid, I have constituents who pay far more in taxes than you, who support the legislation.

However, as a 33-year Conservation Officer for Jasper County, who has the opportunity to take leave-of-absence to serve in the legislature, I understand the issue very well. The current level of licenses issued is sufficient.

I find it troubling that there are people willing to consider allowing more out of state hunters access to Iowa hunting ground to raise money but, in my opinion, refuse to "put the smack down" on operations that cause huge fish kills in streams and rivers. It is more than just the fish that are adversely affected.
How much money does the state expect to see from out of state hunters?
How many fish kills have we had in the last 10 years that number over 300,000?
With a fine at $10 per fish average...
Just something to think about

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT IF THIS BILL IS DESIGNED TO RAISE MONEY FOR THE STATE MAYBE THEY SHOULD RELOOK AT OPENING A DOVE SEASON IN IOWA. I THINK THIS WOULD PRODUCE MUCH MORE INCOME FOR THE STATE AND LOCAL RETAILERS THAN INCREASING NON RES DEER LIC.

Top Bottom