Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shelf-life of Seed

MO-APE

I was depending upon a neighbor to help with expanding my food plots and that fell through (I only have ATV implements -disk, sprayer, cultipacker & drag harrow). I'm only going to have 2 acres of prepped ground to work with, the problem is that I have enough seed for 5 acres.

If seed is kept in a cool, dry place...do you think it would last until next year (the seed is still in sealed bags from Welter seed)?

Also, I would love your opinions on what I should plant in these two acres. Here is what I have (nothing is planted, ground was recently plowed & disked and I will spray gly twice more before planting, plant date will be before end of August):
-1 bushel of RR Soybeans
-12 Lbs of Alice White Clover (will add Rye Grain or Oats if I plant this year)
-An acre's worth of brassica mix (Purple Top turnips, Ground Hog Radish & Dwarf Essex Rape seed)
- an acre's worth of buckwheat

Thanks in Advance!
MO-APE

Seeds will be fine if you store in cool dry place. Can germination test them next year to see what you lost. Only thing soybeans are gonna do right now is give you a little food til mid-october, you'll have nothing come nov. The rest sounds great, get it planted coming up here.

Top Bottom