Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shot a good one.

Mandity

It was about 4pm had the buck decoy out. Had a little 6pt and a doe come out into the bean field between to big sections of timeber with a creek bottom joining the two. The 6pt came into the decoy all pissed off. He ended up smelling the rear end a couple times and then the doe and him started walking off back behind me. I was watching to make sure that they didnt wind me, after about 15 seconds or so of watching them behind me I turned to look back toward the decoy. There stood a brute of a 8 or 9 pt, didnt have long to make a choice to shoot or not so I did. The shot was alittle low but directly behind the shoulder. I found my arrow and there was alot of blood on it with some boubles. I am going to leave him till morning cause he is a damn good deer maybe my biggest yet. Hope to have pictures tomorrow.

Sounds like you will find a dead deer in the morning. Hope you have a short tracking job. We are all looking forward to the harvest pictures.

That is hard to back out, but you def. did the right thing. How far was the shot? Hope you find him!

The shot was about 22 yards. Ya my arrow was probably 75 yards away from where I shot him. stopped tracking there. I also waited a hour before I went and found my arrow.

Top Bottom