Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shotgun 2 buck

LoessHillsArcher

PMA Member
I wish I'd have filmed this hunt - it was a fun one with my dad and my middle son!

This buck is one we don't recognize from previous years, he looked 4.5, maybe older, and we decided he'd be a good one to shoot if the came in.

This field is one that deer tend to come out to earlier than normal fields so the three of us got in by 2. We saw the first deer shortly after getting in and then a group of 14 toms came in behind us. Oliver was having a lot of fun watching the critters and really wanted us to shoot those first does we saw. Then about 3:30 he fell asleep in my arms, just as deer were starting to come into the corn field right in front of us. We could see small bucks bumping does and then dad noticed a big buck coming. The buck came to 40yds and gave dad an easy broadside shot. First deer he's shot with his smokeless. You could see the blood trail being laid down as the buck ran off, it was pouring out. Two thing we're really liking about these smokeless muzzleloaders, no hang fires or smoke. Sure they can shoot far if you want to, we still keep shots inside 200yds like a normal muzzleloader. But the reliability is worth having the smokeless. No tracking needed as he dropped in the field 100yds away. With as many coyotes as there are around we wasted no time going to the buck. We celebrated, snapped pics, tagged him, and laid our coats on him while we went to get the truck. You've got about 30 minutes it seems from shooting a deer before coyotes get to them... it's that bad.

406811619_10105327607913213_6590848408125807071_n.jpg
410083280_10105327607908223_6770762308362394631_n.jpg

Fun family outing. Congrats. Feel your pain on the coyotes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I'd have filmed this hunt - it was a fun one with my dad and my middle son!

This buck is one we don't recognize from previous years, he looked 4.5, maybe older, and we decided he'd be a good one to shoot if the came in.

This field is one that deer tend to come out to earlier than normal fields so the three of us got in by 2. We saw the first deer shortly after getting in and then a group of 14 toms came in behind us. Oliver was having a lot of fun watching the critters and really wanted us to shoot those first does we saw. Then about 3:30 he fell asleep in my arms, just as deer were starting to come into the corn field right in front of us. We could see small bucks bumping does and then dad noticed a big buck coming. The buck came to 40yds and gave dad an easy broadside shot. First deer he's shot with his smokeless. You could see the blood trail being laid down as the buck ran off, it was pouring out. Two thing we're really liking about these smokeless muzzleloaders, no hang fires or smoke. Sure they can shoot far if you want to, we still keep shots inside 200yds like a normal muzzleloader. But the reliability is worth having the smokeless. No tracking needed as he dropped in the field 100yds away. With as many coyotes as there are around we wasted no time going to the buck. We celebrated, snapped pics, tagged him, and laid our coats on him while we went to get the truck. You've got about 30 minutes it seems from shooting a deer before coyotes get to them... it's that bad.

View attachment 126514
View attachment 126515
Nice hunt guys . Congrats.

Top Bottom