Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

So you wanna be a landowner...

dbltree

Super Moderator
Just remember it's not all fun and games
crazy.gif

All that rain washed a water gap out...let the cows next door run wild thru my place and left us with plenty of work on a hot day.

Used to be a fence here...

WaterGap.jpg

A rushing torrent of water peeled it out an wrapped it around a mountain of logs and sticks in the bottom of the creek bed.

Wheresthefence.jpg

Jess said it looked like a lot of work...
frown.gif

Lookslikework.jpg

So best "git er done"...
smirk.gif

Sogiterdone.jpg

We hauled it up outa there thru the brush and tanglement (tried not to cuss...
cussing.gif
forgive me Lord...
blush.gif
angel.gif
)

Hooked a comealong to a chain around the corner post...drawed it back, drove the posts back in, tied er down and called it good.

BackinPlace.jpg

Between the "Barbed wire and Roses"... we we're cut to pieces by the time we were done..
smirk.gif

CuttoPieces.jpg

but you know boys...it hurt sooo good!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Get used to it
smile.gif
You do need to put your wire on the up side so the brush just doesnt push off the clips. Also a few guy wires off the top of the steel posts helps a bunch. Have fun digging the trash out of the fence:) We have 2 creek gaps that every time it rains you eat mosquitoes and get wire cuts
smile.gif
God some days a office job looks good
smirk.gif

WIMP!!!!

I'da cleared all that crap outa there with one hand tied behind my back. I'da drove the fence posts with my fist. I'da grabed holt 'o the wire in my teeth an pulled 'er tight. Ida wrapped the wire around the coner post and tied a bow in it wid my tongue. Then I'da gone to each post and hooked the barbed wire up with my pinky. Then I'da gone to the neighbors cows, looked at 'em real mean like and say "Mooooo Bwaaa Moo Moo Bwaa Bwaaa Bwaa" which trasnlates to "If you critters ever cross that fence again you'll be hamburger". Heck, I doubt I'da even needed a fence after I toll them cows what was what.

Oh yeah, I'm assuming you followed the left hand rule.

The 'Bonker

[ QUOTE ]
I'da cleared all that crap outa there with one hand tied behind my back. I'da drove the fence posts with my fist. I'da grabed holt 'o the wire in my teeth an pulled 'er tight. Ida wrapped the wire around the coner post and tied a bow in it wid my tongue. Then I'da gone to each post and hooked the barbed wire up with my pinky. Then I'da gone to the neighbors cows, looked at 'em real mean like and say "Mooooo Bwaaa Moo Moo Bwaa Bwaaa Bwaa" which trasnlates to "If you critters ever cross that fence again you'll be hamburger". Heck, I doubt I'da even needed a fence after I toll them cows what was what.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done before breakfast?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Done before breakfast?

[/ QUOTE ]

Done before I even had the sleep crustys wiped outa my eyes. I ain't no wimp.

The 'Bonker

[ QUOTE ]
looked at 'em real mean like and say "Mooooo Bwaaa Moo Moo Bwaa Bwaaa Bwaa"

[/ QUOTE ]

So I think Ironwood has a project for you
smile.gif

I fell your pain. I spent 2 hours fixing a water gap on my place in 95 degree heat. Then we got another 4 inches of rain in one day. I just knew it would need to be replaced again. Thankfully it made it through somehow.

there is only one situation that i can think of that is worse than yours...if they are your cattle, and then you have to spend half the day trying to relocate them...not to mention the luck my father has (and so pleasantly passed to me) it also happened to our fence...so the other half of the day is used to fix the fence...but hey this is only worst case scenario...or in other words the luck of the irish!

[ QUOTE ]
Jess said it looked like a lot of work...
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
from the picture it looks like you had him along to do most of it!!!!
evil.gif
evil.gif
evil.gif

Top Bottom