Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Soil Testing

iowaqdm

PMA Member
Where do you guys take your soil samples for testing. How much do you normally pay for the testing? What is the turn around time?

I took a sample from my tiny clover plot to Farm Service. The guy was kind of amused that I was even messing with it for a deer plot so he did it for free. Turn around was a couple weeks if I remember right. Unfortunately, that guy no longer works there so I guess I have the same question.

I've had mine tested through Iowa State Extension. You can pick up mailing packages at your county extension office and then mail the sample in. I believe it was around $5 per sample and turn around was in a 2 -3 weeks. I assume all county extension offices carry the packages to mail in the samples - I picked mine up in Clarke since I live closer to Osceola than Winterset. Hope this helps....

This might be the best piece of information you will get from me!! Below is the link to Tecomate's Soil Sample Lab....fastest turnaround I have ever seen. Simply click on the link and then click on the "Click Here" to download the soil sample sheet. Print it out and fill out the form. Tell them exactly what you plan on planting....does not have to be Tecomate product. Also, make sure at the bottom right portion of the sheet you check the box that says "email," for where you want the results sent. Send the sample in priority USPS mail. In 3-4 days your complete soil analysis will be emailed to you. Gives you all the information on the soil, what it lacks, what it does not.....EVERYTHING!!

Best soil sample company I have ever dealt with....

Try it, you wont be disapointed!!

http://www.tecomate.com/soilsampling.cfm

I picked up a soil test from my ISU extension office today. Price runs from $4 for PH and lime recommendation only up to $14 for the works. They recommended the regular series option which covers PH, lime, and fertilizer - $7. Cant advise on turn around yet.

Got my soil test back from ISU lab today. Turn around was only about 5 days.
Now if I can just figure out what the heck it says...

Top Bottom