Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Some of my 2007 habitat work

touchdifferent

It's been a busy year already on my farm & I'm not near done with what I want to do.

When we bought our property 2 1/2 years ago, we had 35 acres tillable broke into 3 different fields. It was farmed by a neighbor on 1/3-2/3 split. The agreement I made with my wife was that the money from the farm, was to be put back into the farm. We are both very avid bowhunters, so she readily agreed. We've been able to replace nearly dollar for dollar what we made rowcroping with crp money. cp22, cp33 & general crp. Of the 35 acres I've still got 22 acres for foodplots & habitat improvement.

Here's an arial of our property.

7885pond_site.jpg

Here's a few pics of what we've done so far this year.

cp22 riparian restoration 1350 trees

7885DSC00014-med.JPG

7885DSC00029-med.JPG

7885DSC04705-med.JPG

cp33 were planted Tuesdays of this week.

7885DSC04719_1_.JPG

7885DSC04715_1_.JPG

7885DSC04723_1_.JPG

7885DSC04729.JPG

Sorry guys, out of time, I'll have to work on this thread more at a later time. I've got a lot left to add. My wife & I have been very busy.

Randy
Nice pictures....you can tell you've been busy! If you don't mind me asking, what county in Mo is your piece of heaven?

[ QUOTE ]
Tractor looks familiar from QDM site?
Welcome to posting here!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you've seen pics of ole red before. you can thank dbltree for having to put up with me. He had a link over here on QDMA about his 7000 planter. Liked what I saw, so I joined up.

[ QUOTE ]
Randy
Nice pictures....you can tell you've been busy! If you don't mind me asking, what county in Mo is your piece of heaven?

[/ QUOTE ]

SW Knox Co. SE of Kirksville.

Here's a breakdown of what we've done in our largest field. It's 13.5 acres that's been in beans every year since we've owned the property. During the summer, the deer would utilize it, but after the harvest, very little daytime wildlife activity.

That's gonna change from this year on. Here's a breakdown of what we're doing.

7885DSC04624.JPG

78851st_field_plan.JPG

Top Bottom