Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sons First harvest

Hillwalker

Thanks to a SW wind my 11 year old took his first doe at 6:45 p.m. We got in a little late but we were ready to hunt at 6:15. Hunting an unpicked bean field edge over a trail leading from the timber. The field edge had a small pool of water setting in it stays for about a week after a rain. The doe showed at 6:45 and came in to drink. She drank in the hole for about what seemed like 5 minutes. The whole time she drank she was 7 yards from us but not giving a shot at the lungs as she was directly facing us. At one time Nathan said should I take her and I replied to let her give you a better angle. I have 2 tree stands set side by side so we can talk to each other. After she was done drinking she turned quickly to leave giving Nathan a quartering away shot. First I stopped her with a mouth grunt and before I new it I saw a double lung hit. He shoots a Hoyt Banshee at 42 pouds and it buried it to the fletchings. I knew it was a good hit. I let him follow up the trail as we had Plenty of light left. The celebration was undescribable as it was a beautiful night. After taking him out with me for several years he said dad the only bad thing is that now I am done already. So, I think I have created an addict. Thanks for listening I had to share this.

memories like that will last forever,you will cherish time spent in the woods with your off-spring, learn to take a pocket camera with ya, time flys and you can keep a journal for them ,for the future.
wavey.gif

Congrats to you and your son!!!!
He will remember that hunt forever. I wish my dad could have had time to pass on his hunting values. Once again, congratulations.

BT

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Great story, wish you and your son many, many more.
smile.gif

Nothing better than seeing your son or daughter get their first deer!Congrats to your boy on his sucess and may many more come.

woods

Congratulations, to both of you!! This will be my oldest daughters first season. She's not able to handle a bow heavy enough to hunt deer yet, but is looking forward to our gun season. We're both really looking forward to hunting together, can't wait!!
smile.gif

Well here is Nathan with his first whitetail harvest!

"Here's to our future," our children!

Congrats, we are sure dad is proud.

PIC00005.jpg

Congrats to both of you! You both have a right to be excited and proud. That pumps me up a little bit more, because my 11 year old son is hunting for the first year, and he also is shooting a Hoyt Banshee set at 42 pounds. Let's hope for a little deja vu.

I want to join the others with congratulations Nathan! Also I like Daver's idea. I've had more fun video taping my son and daughter shooting their deer than shooting my own. How about taking Nathan out to tape your hunts?

Top Bottom