Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sony DSC-W1

kansasbowhunter

Shed Head!!!
This is kind of off topic but I thought I would ask the experts about taking action shots with a Sony DSC-W1 camera....

I bought this camera a couple of years ago and have not had very good luck taking any action shots of my kids sporting events.... My 13 year old is a wrestler and I can't get a good action picture to save my life.... Every picture comes out blury....

Anyone have any suggestions on how to set up my camera to take action shots??? Or, anything I can do to improve actions shots???

Thanks in advance....

Mark....

Don't know if this helps, but from what I know about cameras, it sounds as if you have your shutter speed set too slow. I use a canon and it's a little bit different as far as settings go. For example, if it is in a "night-shot" setting, it will be slow and blurry if something is moving. But there may be a "sport" setting which has a fast shutter speed. You will lose a little quality but nothing you can really see from my experience. If it doesn't have that setting, you will have to go and do it manually. you will have to look for a setting that has numbers such as "1/1600" of a second generally, the lower the fraction, the faster the shutter (1/1600 is slower than 1/3200).

I wish I could help you more...sony guys, can you help me out with some settings??

Best wishes....

I had the same problem with my canon before someone showed me...

Mark, I've had a DSC-W5 for a few years and was ready to throw the dang thing away for the exact same reason. I had a friend that knows cameras play with it and within 5 minutes he had the settings tweaked and now it is 100 times better. It can still be blurry at times, but it is much improved, Don't ask me what he did to fix it, I don't have a clue. All I know is that it can be improved. That was a lot of help now wasn't it
confused.gif
grin.gif

I just called him and he said he changed the shutter speed and aperture settings. They are only adjustable in certain modes, I guess. I shoot almost all my pics from the "landscape" mode now and they are coming out great. My shutter speed is set down to 30 and the aperture is 2.8(I have no idea what these numbers mean, but they're working for me
grin.gif
). Hope this helps.

Top Bottom