Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Southern Iowa

Buckhunter

I'm thinking about heading down toward the Eddyville /Albia area and was just wondering how the rut is go'in down there?
It has been real slow here in our area the last week or so .I figure maybe looking at some new area might be a good thing.I'll probably head down there Monday morning and was hoping to maybe spend a couple day's down there.I'm going down with a summit climber on my back and the knowledge that there are some huge buck's down in that area.I have turkey hunted the area but never deer hunted it before.

I have a buddy hunting the Bloomfield area this week. Talked with him last night. He said the bucks are chasing the does but, the does are not yet "receiving" yet. Should be a great weekend to hunt with a cold front coming in. Good Luck to you.

I hunted near Agency, 7 miles east of Ottumwa all day yesterday and seen 12 different bucks by noon. I saw 6 different bucks by themselves before I saw the 1st doe. I saw a big chase involving 2 bucks and 3 does at 11:30. It was a great day. I'm planning a trip back down on Saturday. Hopefully I'm draggin one out this time.
They didn't respond to any rattlin'. I did get some heads turned with soft grunts, but not many. The afternoon was dead compared to morning. The wind was killing me.

Top Bottom