Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Soybeans

tall@wide

PMA Member
I have a lot of soybeans still in a couple of plots and next year I will put corn here. What is the best way to prevent volunteer beans coming up in the corn? Bush hog the beans soon and let them rot on the ground, or just plant the corn on top of the beans and treat the volunteer beans with herbicide will spraying weeds in the corn? These are enlist beans that are still standing.

What herbicide program are you going to spray your corn with? If you are spraying something with callisto or a similar product I wouldn't worry a bit.
I'm not sure yet..the farmer on my old farm handled this for me..Now I'll be doing it.

Volunteer beans.. like others said- so easy!!! Non-issue!!!!! They are gonna run atrazine & mesotrione - beans are smoked!!!!! I’ll bet they get cleaned up by deer & turkeys. If it gets cold- be thankful u got em!!!

Do you need a license to spray most of the good stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope I’m not hijacking the thread, but does corn tend to have as many trait combinations as soybeans? Or is it pretty much all corn can survive the same herbicide treatments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's early yet.. Only Jan 8th. By March 8th you will have significantly less beans left.

What is the harm in volunteer beans here and there in corn? I doubt it will pull much yield wise. Besides.. last year, you thought beans were a good idea ;)

Reactions: HWC
Top Bottom