Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

sparring time

D

deerbarber

Have watched some 2 year olds spar the last 3 times out. last night had several deer getting pretty physical about it. maybe one 3 year old but a few of those smaller ones stood right in there with him for a while. They really reacted positively to the tinks Gel I put in the scrape as well. They pretty much fought over who got to stand in the scrape. And I had 2 different small bucks follow the scent trail I put down. The one big deer I have seen so far appears to be well on his way too. nice big neck allready. This cold snap should pick it up a notch..

I had two bucks going at it just over the ridge from me Saturday AM. I saw one headed that way and he was a young 8, but I really would like to have seen the one he was sparring with. The were cracking them pretty good. Also had the nuisance little basket that was trying to sort me out under my stand. On the way home last night caught two young ones coming out of a field drive and when one turned to run the other caught him head on.
A lot of young bucks out there. Weather was kind to them and poor hunting last year.

i had 2 lil bucks under my stand fighting then they stopped and i shot the one and the other one thought it killed the other one, just stopped and looked funny, then ran off!

Top Bottom