Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sprayer Question

Field Service

How bad is it to leave RU / ammonium sulfate mix in your spray tank and electric pump for an extended period of time? Will it eat parts in the pump?

Thanks, jh

I guess I should ask what do you mean by 'an extended period of time'?
This time of year.... with the heat..I have found that it tends to 'gum up' after 10-14 days.I have never had any parts of the pump detereorate after leaving the mix in for a few weeks at a time.
Good luck!

The Round up shouldn't effect it, but I would clean it out. Now the AMS will tend to eat the pump away. That is the main reason alot of people with smaller sprayers (farmers who spray their own with a pull type or 3 point) will replace the AMS with 28%.

"an extended period of time" = oh about 2 months....... : ) oops...
blush.gif

After 2 months I would certainly assume it was pretty thick but I doubt it has done any significant damage. If it were me...I would add LOTS of water and stir,bounce,mix..ect...as best I could, and get that pump running and run some through until you know you are good to go.Run it all through and just leave it with just water next time.
Good luck!

Emptied and cleaned the tank this morning. Flushed and ran the electric pump as well. Everything seemed ok. Going to try a new 12' spray boom I built next weekend. That will be the real test... Wondering if a Hi-Flow 12v electric pump will run 7 nozzles...
smile.gif

Maybe, but 5 is usually the cut off for 12 volt. If you see that you are having a problem keeping them lit, try running a T from your main line out of the pump to your outside nozzles only.

Thanks for the tip! It's a 3.5 gal/min pump on 1/2" lines, but I'll take supplies with me incase I need to do that. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Thanks again!

Top Bottom