Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

spring apps

S

ssteury

Can anyone decipher the nonres info for me?
specifically trying to figure out how much it would cost if I drew a turkey permit in the spring.
the website says:
Nonresident Turkey Hunting License $100.50
Nonresident Hunting License $80.50
Habitat Fee $8.50
Is it the sum of all three of these?
Thanks,
Steve

Totals about $200. Go through Iowa. No not pass go, do not collect $200. Go to MO and shoot 2 turks for less.

Yoikes!
I have my WI app in; will probably wait on an IA turkey until I move to IA...
Heck, a couple of years of saving on various license fees will pay for the relocation!
smile.gif

Thanks for the help!

Yes, you total the three amounts. If you apply for a deer tag later in the year who will not have to buy a hunting license because you get one for the turkey amount. I have hunted Iowa three times for turkey and still I can't figure out which season is best. Season 1 has iffy weather but we did get a big bird. Season 3 has great gobbling for an hour then they shut up tight. Due to a meeting I will again attempt season 3. Hope to see ya all then.

I used to love to turkey hunt in Iowa. Not no more. It's too damn expensive. I hunt Nebraska and buy 2 tags on-line(no draw) and after buying the tags, I still have money left over for lodging,eats & gas. Pretty soon the only people that are going to be able to hunt are the rich ones.

Well Bowhunter84, from what I understand Mo and other states send some tax $ to help finance their DNRs. In Iowa it is 100% funded with license fees. I do not know how Iowa compares to border states, but this was the explanation I heard a DNR giving someone at the fishing show this weekend.

Heck, I am a resident and between turkey, deer, ducks, fur bearers and fishing I spend $200. What does it cost to do this in your states?

IaCraig.

Top Bottom