Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Standing Corn Plots???

rcb708

The farm I hunt has a ten acre field that will be in corn this next spring. I think the farmer will allow me to have some left standing after harvest. What do you suggest the size of this area be & what is the going rate these days to pay for a few acres of corn be left standing??? I dont want it to big or to small to where the groceries are gone before the weather really hits.

That all depends on deer density...an acre might be plenty but for me 20 acres wouldn't be enough... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

I'm not sure because prices fluctuate but 150 bushel per acre x $4 corn is 600 bucks! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm not sure because prices fluctuate but 150 bushel per acre x $4 corn is 600 bucks! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

And don't forget the cost of a bag of seed corn which they aren't exactly giving away these days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowabowtech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm not sure because prices fluctuate but 150 bushel per acre x $4 corn is 600 bucks! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

And don't forget the cost of a bag of seed corn which they aren't exactly giving away these days. </div></div>

That's true, but I was just basing it on the approximate value to the farmer. Seems he wouldn't want to give it away for the cost of putting it in but if he does....it would still be 300-400 an acre I'm guessing... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Top Bottom