Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Steel toe boots

deerdown

Accepted a job today that requires steel toe boots.

What's everyone's go to store for selection? Recommendations for boot?

If kenetrek makes steel toe- way to go. I’m sure they do. Any kenetrek I’ve had literally lasts 5-10x longer than other boots I’ve owned. They expensive but so much more comfy, better posture/stability & last so much longer that they end up being far cheaper in long run.

Been wearing Red Wing steel or composite boots for many years. Many different styles and comfortable. Also, the store on the east side of Des Moines has great customer service and will make sure the boots fit perfect. I take mine in around every month or two and they will clean and oil your boots for free and relace the laces also if needed free.

I'll hit the redwing store today and see what they have. Maybe boot barn, Cabela's. Thanks guys

Dont buy the redwings. I have worn steel toe boots for a lot of years....I switched to Brunt boots and have been very pleased with the comfort of them. You could not give me a pair of Red Wing boots and I have tried several of them. Just my 2 pennies worth but order the Brunt boots and I bet youll be pretty happy with them.

Dont buy the redwings. I have worn steel toe boots for a lot of years....I switched to Brunt boots and have been very pleased with the comfort of them. You could not give me a pair of Red Wing boots and I have tried several of them. Just my 2 pennies worth but order the Brunt boots and I bet youll be pretty happy with them.
Why didn't you like the Redwings? Lots of folks do like them so curious what you didn't like about them

Im a Danner guy. Warm, waterproof and steel toes in certain models.
FWIW, I have had excellent luck with Danner's in the past...but feel like the "new" ones, the ones coming from China, are nowhere near what I had from back in the day. Many of our guys like the Redwings for work boots, FWIW.

I wear keens. They don't last a super long time, but I find them very comfortable. I wear the shorter ones so I can slip them off or on easily.

Been looking at those for a while. Wasn't wild about being made in china.

Ended up going Carolina Boot.

Also have a pair of red wings. Much more comfortable than my Carolina boots but they're heavier metatarsal guard boot for the steel mill.

Bought Irish Setter (redwing) for a decade. Switched to Brundt. I had an issue with 1st pair the top eyelet came out after 3 months. They sent me a brand new pair. Probably the best customer service I've ever seen.

Regardless of brand I would avoid steel toe if composite is acceptable. Steel toe gets really cold in winter.

Wore Red Wing for years. Switched to Irish Setter, still made by RW I think. They are a little more comfortable and a little less money IMO. Go composite toe instead of actual steel, again better comfort.
I have heard of Brundt but not tried them out yet.

FWIW, I have had excellent luck with Danner's in the past...but feel like the "new" ones, the ones coming from China, are nowhere near what I had from back in the day. Many of our guys like the Redwings for work boots, FWIW.
Couldn’t agree more. The boot is still good but not as solid as past versions.

Well, I ended up with Thorogoods. Tried RW and Keen, Ariat and a few others, but these fit the best "for me". We'll see how it works out. I'll get an allowance every year for boots so if they wear out quickly, I'll try something else.

I needed them by Monday morning, so didn't really have time to order online or I might have tried some others.

I work in the water field and I'm lucky if my boots last a year; they're wet constantly, covered in chemicals and put through the ringer. I've tried a ton of brands and prefer Thorogoods for most daily activities. Plus Thorogoods are made in the USA. I've had good luck with Danners and red wings as well. I've never seen a true waterproof leather boot from any company though, unless you really stay on top of waxing or oiling them.

I typically try boots on at a store then find a better deal online once I know what size I wear. I order a lot of boots from DVOR, boot barn and sportsman's guide when they're on sale.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I work in the water field and I'm lucky if my boots last a year; they're wet constantly, covered in chemicals and put through the ringer. I've tried a ton of brands and prefer Thorogoods for most daily activities. Plus Thorogoods are made in the USA. I've had good luck with Danners and red wings as well. I've never seen a true waterproof leather boot from any company though, unless you really stay on top of waxing or oiling them.

I typically try boots on at a store then find a better deal online once I know what size I wear. I order a lot of boots from DVOR, boot barn and sportsman's guide when they're on sale.

Good to know! I found mine at boot barn.

Been eying Thorogoods for a while..

Whatever the boot, if you’re going to wear them every day, you will get athlete’s foot and eventually nail fungus unless you:

1. Buy two pair and alternate days you wear them allowing them to fully air dry between use
2. Utilize a pneumatic boot dryer or UV light shoe sterilizer
3. Use an antifungal powder consistently

Top Bottom