Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stolen Camera

Well it has finally happened, some loser walked off w/my deercam. I got some pics of a guy turkey hunting by the first scrape of the year I found where I'm hunting and within 3 days of getting the guys picture the camera grew legs & walked off. I've hunted at this spot for 2 years now & the only person I've seen on it is the farmer who used to own the land during gun season. He lives next door. He told me about his camera being stolen a few years ago, I said I've been using a camera since 1997 & had not had any problems. Now I get a picture of a guy out there I've never seen before and it's gone. I think I'm more mad about not seeing the pics of the bucks hitting the scrape it was on, it's near the bedding area of where I got pics of that 12 pointer earlier this year.
I'm no detective but I'm assuming some one walked by it saw the scrape & the camera, you can see in the pasture where they drove a vehicle right up to it & snagged the camera, probably that night. The tire tracks led back to the farmer's place next door. I don't think the farmer did it but my hunch is that the guy turkey hunting might have, I don't know him.
I don't know what to do....& I'm sure some one will turn me in if I post my techniques of making one talk if I suspected them....any suggestions ?

Scour the area around where it was taken very well. My cousin had a camera taken only to find it a few yards away hanging on a fence post witht the film removed. A trespasser got his picture taken and wanted rid of the evidence but didn't want the camera, hope you get yours back.

Our camera was stolen yesterday also. It really stinks as Saturday we downloaded pictures and had our first really good buck, 150-160 class. We made the mistake of leaving the camera out in the open because we were getting a lot of pictures. We had just bought a solar panel for the camera and everything was working great. My guess is that someone got their picture taken and removed the evidence.

I had one get ripped off this year too. Seems like if it takes a picture of someone who isn't supposed to be there, it's as good as gone. I have taken to writing my name and phone number all over the thing with permanent marker. Might help a little.

I just put my camera out in a place I have no idea if poeple are using and Im scared when i go to get it it will not be thier. I dont like reading these post, I had two of my best stands stolen last December. I hate thieves!

Top Bottom