Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Strap Strech???

bowhuntr311

IowaWhitetail Addict
Hey,

Before any of you start in with the "get a lone wolf" comments I already own these and am not getting rid of them.

I have several API baby grands. LOVE THEM! Big seat, big platform, light. There not so good in small trees, hard to get into/out of.

Anyways this year I had a strap starting to show signs of wear. So I simply called up API and they sent me a new one. I bolted it on, and then the stand didnt get used. Well, last week I took it out, and did a hang and hunt. I dont have the T-screw for it becuase I bought it used with out one, so Im up in the tree hanging this thing and I CANT get it tight. The bottom pegs dig in and the top will barely touch.
I like to get the stand where I want it pull the strap tight, and then close the buckle. THEN; I will pull as much as I can on the strap and open the buckle and with pressure still applied I close the buckle. After about 4 times of this, you cant move the stand in the tree, its just tight to tree. Well doing this with the new strap/buckle doesnt seem to help, I think the buckle is moving instead of the strap. Maybe becuase the strap is not stretching or becuase its new and really smooth?

Any ideas?

Dean

My dad had one of these and he just brought an extra ratchet strap in and tightened it down.
Worked good

Yep, I'd go with the rachet style strap...never been a big fan of the pull tights...except for the one on my Baby Kong.

i like my api's also like the baby kong i had. never could get it that tight on th eoaks i hunted with em.

Top Bottom