Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

String loop trouble

DOR

Life Member
I seem to be eating up my string loop material pretty fast all of a sudden. I shoot a scott little mongoose and a hoyt razertec. Was wondering what i cand do to save on my loop. It makes me nervous to see my loop start to fray a bit.
Supertec....is the loop material you were talking about special order type stuff or should my proshop carry it?
ooo.gif

sounds to me like you have a burr on the inside of your release........hope your dental plan is up to date. A closer inspection should show the culprit. Some sand paper or file should have you back to normal in no time.

DOR - I had the exact same problem that Rudd described to you. I had a tiny burr on the top inside of the release jaw that was slowely chewing it away. I took a very small file and filed it down. Your local pro shops should carry the release loop that you need. The one that I use is from BCY Fibers.
Good Luck.

Unbelievable I had a loop wear very fast all of a sudden. Got a fat lip then read this post. Guess what I just filed off my release. A very small burr on the release jaws is no more. I would have simply torn up another one if I had not read this post. Thank Rudd and you DOR for posting your problem.

thanks for the input boys...now i just need a day off work to get out and fire a 100 arrows or so to see if my new loop hold up to the test. didnt see a burr but sanded it lightly anyway!
grin.gif

Top Bottom