Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Suggestions on this property?

I was told I might get a better response in this if I posted it here. I posted this question about a year ago and got some really good input, so I thought I'd try it again. About 3 years ago I gained access to hunt a farm in Jackson Co. Our property is crowned fields on top, deep timbered drainage ditches on the bottoms that are very steep. There isn't a whole lot of flat spots so it's hard to pick out the good stand sights because everything looks similar. Not sure if I should spend most of my time in the tops or bottoms. I'm not really used to hunting terrain like this an am still learning how to hunt this hilly country. We have one overgrown (CRP)field that gets crossed all day long that is secluded. I really like that field just hard to pinpoint crossings, but from what I saw they usually crossin in the low spots. Most of the other fields are corn. Normally I try to avoid field edges, but those ridges are so steep I'm just not sure where to set up. I did find a couple of nice spots in the back of fields where the bottoms form a V on a ridge top that is in the timber and really thick. I saw a really big buck going into it last year. I appreciate the help. I don't get to hunt this property much so I was just hoping to get some tips from guys who are used to bowhunting this type of ground.

Sure looks like a lot of potential. I hunt rolling hills & ridges all the time but I would almost have to see an aerial view like off of google earth to really evaluate it. I see two spots that catch my eye but without know which ways north & what the vegitation looks like in reference to the topo map it's hard to give any suggestions. Looks like a hard place to hunt the bottoms with swirling winds but it's probably hot at the right time. You'd have to really go scent free to have a chance in the bottoms with the changing wind paterns & thermals.

check those fingers out morning and nite set up a trail cam or two. should have it figured out quick , unless there food source changes, then it could be a year or two depending on where their going for food . still bedding areas should be the same watch for thoughs then wak-um to and from chow.
grin.gif

Top Bottom