Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Surrounded by deer!

iowabruce

I was filming a little tonight and the action in the woods was all early. I'm seeing all sorts of yearlings all by their lonesomes. I left early to check out a newly picked cornfield and to my surprise the field was packed with yearlings , 3 year and a half's and a nice 2 year old with a deformed right antler. The weird thing is that out of a dozen deer I didn't see a mature doe in the bunch. Just wondering if anyone else has seen the same.
wavey.gif

IowaBruce,

I had a mixed bag yesterday. Everything from a 10 pt. 140 class buck which bedded 60 yrds below me (all day) a bunch of baskets and forks, a heavy bodied 8 pointer with a huge swollen neck and 2 pairs of button bucks. Not a single mature doe! A lot of sparing.
I jumped the 10 pointer out of his bed 3 times throughout the day with some grunting and rattling. I just couldn't get him to come investigate. He was definetly interested though!!!

When I was hunting early season muzzleloader I saw tons of little deer......as a matter of fact, the only large doe I saw was the one I shot. I did see one nice buck, but that was all.

Good luck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

Top Bottom