Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SW Iowa Late Muzzy Buck

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

koday88

I was able to knock down a great 5.5 yr old this past Saturday afternoon. It was my first night out for late season, so I guess lady luck was on my side! He's a really unique buck, having no brows and a lot of junk on the back sides of his bases. I was hunting over a mowed cornfield in a Redneck blind. He presented me a 108 yard shot, which I was able to take with two minutes left of legal shooting time. He was facing me and since time was running out, I had to take the shot. I obviously don't prefer to take facing brisket shots, but I am 100% confident in myself and my equipment so I had no hesitation. I hit right where I was aiming and he dropped in his tracks. It was a special hunt and I'm thankful for another mature buck and an awesome season. Shooting old bucks is my only priority, but this buck was a special one. He scored 146 7/8" as a 7 pointer.. Pretty impressive. 23" beams, 10"+ G2s, and 11" G3s. I was fortunate to knock him down on the first night, especially with the sub-par weather we've had. The deer are really spread out right now. I'm praying for some cold and snow for the rest of my family. Good luck to those still out there trying to get one!

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom