Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Switch & Oust

12 point

Hey Doubletree,I have a field of 2nd year switchgrass with 1 to 2 inches of new green growth in it. Is it to late to spray gly & oust on it. Thanks John.

If the growth is switchgrass it's too late but if it's cool season grasses and the switch has not emerged yet, get it sprayed!

Haven't noticed any switchgrass coming up around here yet...;)

Hey Doubletree,I have a field of 2nd year switchgrass with 1 to 2 inches of new green growth in it. Is it to late to spray gly & oust on it. Thanks John.

If the growth is switchgrass it's too late but if it's cool season grasses and the switch has not emerged yet, get it sprayed!

Haven't noticed any switchgrass coming up around here yet...;)

With these really cool days lately and in the future forecast don't you think it will be a bit later for the ground to warm up enough for the switch to sprout? Seems like it has been a cool spring... or at least the last few days and the next week or 10 days.

Here in central il. we have had soil temp. at 58 degree for a short time.I looked under the dead grass and found 3 or 4 shoots of new switch on each plant.It's not cool season grass.Each shoot is about 3' long.Looks like it came up early this year.Thanks John.

Here in central il. we have had soil temp. at 58 degree for a short time.I looked under the dead grass and found 3 or 4 shoots of new switch on each plant.It's not cool season grass.Each shoot is about 3' long.Looks like it came up early this year.Thanks John.

Check page 52 of the Switchgrass thread in Dbltree's Corner for more on this...if the leaves have unfurled I would skip it for this year and spray earlier next year. If they are still tightly curled I have sprayed without problems.

Switchgrass page 52

It takes a lot to kill switchgrass but no sense in taking chances...;)

Top Bottom