Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Switchgrass through clover??

whitetailnut

Ok so I have a 2 acre field of white/ladino clover that is mostly square and boring as heck!! I want to zig zag a 20 to 30 ft wide path of CIR switch through the center to split it up. Looking down the road, would spraying the clover with select result in residual on the switch and kill it. Or vice versa will atrazine residual kill the clover?? The clover is well established and i dont intend to spray the wrong chemical on either but obviously you cant have a perfect seam with a sprayer!! Any thoughts or experiences???

Select will kill switchgrass and atrazine will kill clover

You would want to maybe not put to much "zig" in your "zag" /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

If you keep it even more like an "S" pattern so you can easily follow it from either side with a sprayer, you maybe could swing it.

You can spray Select early in the spring when grasses first start growing in the clover and the switchgrass hasn't started yet...but atrazine isn't going to go to well with your clover anytime of year.

Good question to ask because often folks don't "think down the road".... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whitetailnut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats kind of what i expected, thanks for the input. Anyone done this successfully? Have any pics? Thanks </div></div>

It's very common to see switchgrass planted as riparian buffers where they are anywhere from 50-150 wide along a creek and next to a crop field.

I have pictures in the switchgrass thread, the only difference is that the switch is at least fairly straight or sweeping curves so that they can farm/spray along it.

I haven't seen one in clover field but why not? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Top Bottom