Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Team Rotund on the board!

muddy

I won't say anything other than the tree seat looks more like lounging than hunting.

Skinny half of Team Rotund gets lucky

Thanks for posting the pic Muddy. Team Rotund had a tough Mon., one of those days where you wonder if all the birds left the county. Today I decided to leave the warmth of the Stabbin Cabin at 4:30 and drive 5 mi. and walk across a big chisel-plowed field to check out a small woodlot. I was set-up at 5:15 and waited for the music to start. Two gobblers and two jakes sounded off about 100 yards in the timber and the wait began. They flew down and answered my calls but wouldn't budge from a clearing in the timber. I put the sneak on and got closer but then the hens led them off to the other side. I set-up on a small ridge and sat down to wait them out. After a great nap I woke up half froze(27 degrees this morn up here) and gave a call. They sounded off from right where I started, they had circled the whole timber. One more call from me must have ticked off the boss hen cause she came on a dead run right at me, yelping and putting the whole way. When the gobblers sounded off every time she yelped, I knew my work was done. They came strutting thru the woods right to me and I put one down. He's just a two year old but with the weather sounding horrible for the next two days, I'm happy to put Team Rotund on the board at least. Bonker is homeward-bound as I write this. He stuck it out for 2 days in that blind but didn't have an opportunity. Good thing there's lots of season left.

Oh and thanks to dedgeez and Milo for stopping by the cabin last night and adding to the empties pile, I'm halfway to a new mouthcall after picking up today!!:drink2:

Top Bottom