Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

"The Can"

O

Ollie

Anyone have any luck using the Primos bleating doe in a can call? I've tried it on all sorts of bucks that were 50-150 yards from my stand these past two weeks and have yet to have a single buck come in. Most acknowledge they have heard the can, but nothing more. There is enough brush between me and the bucks that. I do it once or twice and usually wait for their attention to be diverted in another direction to keep them from pin-pointing my exact location. The bucks have been busy roaming and chasing does so they should be in the mood to respond. Anyone else had any experiences with "the can"???

I tried it on both does and bucks at 70 yds. last week one morning and had same results as you. I had the same results with my rattle bag. I think I"ll go back to sit quiet and let happen what happens. Al

I tried "blind" calling using the can in areas that I know should contain bucks....... never had any responses.

Funny you should ask.......tried it on a doe tonite,turned out to be a button.....came right to me on a string........ten mins. later, tried it on med.doe and two buttons ,,,,,they would look my way , but never came to see me . still haven't been close to a mature buck yet ,,i know i'm getting close.....right place ...right time.
wavey.gif

I had a 120-130 Inch 8pt come in to the can from about 70 yards on Sunday night...I could hear him tearing up a small tree/bush but couldn't see him. I turned the can over once and he came right in. I have used it several other times with no results as well. I guess I have yet to see a pattern to it....
JB

IF YOU STILLDONT THINK THEY WORK LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY ABOUT THE PAST 10 DAYS.. I WILL NEVER BE WITHOUT A CAN CALL. THE QUAKER BOY BLEAT-N HEAT CALL IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DRMISE OF TWO NORTHEAST IOWA GIANTS. THE FIST WAS SHOT 10 MIN AFTER TIPPING THE CAN-- HE GROSSES 183 AND NETS 175 TYPICAL---AND IF THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH I ALSO KNOW OF ONE SPECIFIC DEER THAT TURNED ON A DIME AT THE QUAKER BOY BLEAT AND HEAT, CAME RUNNING TO 18 YARDS AND TURNED HIMSELF INSIDE OUT TO DIE.. THAT BUCK HAD 196 INCHES OF HORN, GROSSED 187 TYP....IF THATS NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU WAKE UP PLEASE.......I THINK THE BEST IS TO CALL IN SIGHT, BLIND CALLING IS TOUGH... DONT FORGET YOU BLEAT N HEAT BY QUAKER BOY NEXT TIME YOU TRY YOUR LUCK AT CALLING IOWAS BIG BIG GAME. M350 OUT

Just bought one and was excited to try it out. Tried it on a few bucks far out, no response. On sat I tried it again and it seemed it was forze up as it only made a squeek, ticked me off. Worked well again after sitting inthe house for awhile. Needless to say, as of now it was a waste of $$$.

i had lots of luck with one last year. i have used it a few time this year and have seen some small bucks. the rut need to get going more and then it should work.

OK, now you guys have finally talked me into buying "the can".

ParkerMan had great success this year with his . . .

2002deer4.jpg

Top Bottom