Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The "Learning Buck"

Rudd

Life Member
Well, after a short night of sleep my bow tag has been filled. I have learned alot this year, more than all the previous years of bowhunting combined. The amount of knowledge within this site is unmeasurable. Anyway, Thanks go out to Chad/Kenny for tracking and talking me into waiting the unbelievably long 7 hours. Thanks to OneCam and Central Iowa on here as well. I shot this buck over a doe decoy last night around 4:30. I thought I flew one right in the bread box. It is amazing how fast a deer can move when just aiming. My entrance wound made it's mark and took out one lung. The exit was in the gut area. The arrow showed blood/guts, my buddies said as hard as it sounds leave him alone and let him bed/die. We found him 70 yards from where I shot him around 1am. It will be forever imbedded in my mind as one of the best hunts I have had. I thought I was a Whitetail addict before but I think I have just went over the deep end.
426rudd.jpg

Congrats Rudd.
It always seems so tough to wait, but it pays in the end.
Good buck! you deserve it!!!!
31045-cheers2.gif

Celebrating a trophy that your buddy has harvested is almost as rewarding as filling your own tag.

beerchug.gif

Congrats Rudd - I'm truly happy that you filled yours!
waytogo.gif

GREAT DEER BUD!Hope you take many more in the future.If you have children make sure to take them out with ya,nothing better then getting them intrested in what you love do'in.
31045-cheers2.gif

Great Job Rudd. My first buck was the same situation. Bowman had to drag me home. No sleep and up at dawn and we found him 50 yards from where we stopped. When in doubt back out, its always better to be safe than sorry. Conrats again.
beerchug.gif

mole

Great buck Rudd, that has to be one of the toughest things to wait on especially when you know what the end product will be.
CRITR

Congratulations! Another fine example of what a great resource we have access to.

Good Job
waytogo.gif

Waiting longer than is necessary is hardly ever a bad choice. At least, not as as often as going after him too soon. Way to go!
26404-archer[1].gif

Nice job!

I'll assume the entrance wound is what we are looking at in the photo, and you're right it does look good. It's hard to wait but it's worth it in the end.

Pupster

Top Bottom