Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The ride there?

Buckhunter

What do you guy's do on your way to your hunting spot if you get your camo on before you get there?What I mean is how do you try and stay scent free as much as possible on your way to your hunting spot while your riding in your vehicle.I leave my boot's in a scent free container until I get there and also spray my seat's before I get in.Just wondering if or how you guy's approach this.

I almost always dress when I get to where I park. I usually just wear jeans and a t-shirt to where I am going. I do also wear my boots on the drive. The most I drive is about 4 miles so it is not that big of a deal for me.

I bring my container of clothes in the house overnight so it's not colder then hell in the morning. I usually dress there(the woods). But at times drive with slip on shoes long jon's or sweat pants and a thermo top to the location.
I have a set of waterproof slip on seat covers for the busket type seats of the Dakota. ($20.00 Cabela's) I can just slip it on and jump in. They are polyester tent like material and don't allow much scent to collect.
Until maggs spills his beverage.
beerchug.gif

I have a pair of coveralls that I wear until I get to my parking spot. I usually put on my thermals at home, so I'm only putting on an outer layer in the field. I try to keep the coveralls as scent free as possible.

I carry my clothes in a large plastic tool box with a removeable lid. I use the lid to stand on while I change clothes and boots. Sure beats damp feet.

26404-archer[1].gif
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

No matter how bad my truck smells I never put an air freshener in it year round. Probably a bit anal but it's just something I do
Good luck

Augustus....you should try one of those earth scent waffers hanging from your rear view mirror.
grin.gif

Chicks would really dig it!
jester.gif

Aug, If the wafer is to strong put it in the mailbox located on your front fender.
nono.gif

I have yet to spill in your truck Scout! One of these days though it will have to get broke in properly.
I also avoid air fresheners in my truck and before season I clean it thoroughly and spray down the seats(cloth) liberally with scent killer. One year I even put a box of baking soda under the seat to soak up odor. Most times I dress when I get to my hunting area. Not sure if this all makes a difference but there's no sense in showering and washing your clothes scent free & then sit on a seat that's soaked up odor all summer long. Maggs

When the temp is like this, I do ok but when it drops, I freeze my a$$ off. I wear a pair of shorts and t shirt until I park, then get dressed in the bed of the pickup no matter what the temp is. Rain makes things interesting so I get dressed in the back of the cab.

Hey Maggs, I thought I was the only one that used baking soda. I even put it in my container I carry my clothes in. Not sure if it does any good but I guess it can't hurt.
yay.gif

My truck is 8 years old and we've raised 4 kids while I've owned it. The year I put baking soda init you couldn't smell a thing in there. Did it work or does my nose not work? I don't know for sure but you're right it can't hurt. Have tried it in with my clothes also. Maggs

Rudd, maybe I could be lucky enough to hit a mailbox full of wafers and scent lock clothing.
beerchug.gif

Any way you put it. The ride to the timber on a Sat. or Sun. morning, things are going to get a bit ripe
bootyshake.gif

Top Bottom