Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The rut must be starting

dblmainbeam

Last night I did a little rattling and had a six pointer come in. He was about 40 yards out so did a couple of soft grunts. He looked towards me and at the same time I heard something behind me, it was a doe. The buck came right up under my stand and about then he spotted the doe. He did a great big grunt wease with the lipcurl and everything. It was loud deep grunt and then it sounded like big ol inhale. Then he ran towards her and chased her around for about ten minutes. I haven't ever heard a grunt call that sounded like that buck last night, but I guess ive never heard a buck do a grunt wease right under my tree stand either.
shocked.gif
The other day i rattled in a small 10point,8point and had a huge 9 point walk past me at about 50 yards but he ignored my grunt call. The last week has been really exciting.

i have'nt had the luck with the grunting in my area yet but did get a nice 8 pointer last week with my muzzleloader two weeks ago and his neck was really swollen so that must mean the rutt is getting close huh?

Saturday late afternoon I had a young doe beat me to my stand and she was definately coming into estrus........ she was on red alert walking around with her tail half-cocked (you know the look)...... anyway, she comes within 25 yards of my stand and squats and urinates for what seemed like 2 min (doing a urination dance like I have never seen)..... I thought this is great!...... well, saw several does and a small yearly eight pt... but no bruisers...... It should be showtime soon !!!!!

Top Bottom