Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

TheGeneral

idsman75

How did the hunt go this year? I believe you were out that way the day after I departed from the area. I was up in a tree bordering the property line and the neighbor's friend drove a wounded 8-pointer over the property line. I lowered the cross-hairs on him (the buck), flipped the safety off, and then the other guy fired first. He missed and scared off Mr. 8-pointer. He was a 20-yard shot from the stand I was in. It was almost as if he was presenting himself with me. He ran right under the tree and stopped 20 yards out and then turned to the right giving me an incredible broadside shot. Then he just stopped like he was waiting for me to shoot. The first shot that he took was in the rump and it looked like a grazing wound because the blood trail stopped after a few hundred yards. It seemed as though he was setting his wound in the mud. I assume he was trying to use the mud to make the wound clot which worked apparently. I'm sure he's gracing someone else's table (and wall) right now.

Idsman....the General left last Thursday for Fort Benning....probably will be gone for the next three months. He did get a nice buck on the east side though....

I guess I'll have to wait for his return before I can get the full scoop. Good to hear that his hunt was successful. Until this year I never noticed how graceful turkeys can appear as they soar from their roosts atop some very high branches. I also noticed how very playful squirrels rolling around in leaves all day can get you very jumpy when you are anticipating the crunching footsteps of something much bigger
wink.gif

hey idsman, writing you from the home of the Infantry. The hunt went well. I shot a buck while walking into the East side timber. Nothing to brag about, but I was looking for meat at that point. Thanks for the chemical suit. I'll be using it next fall during archery season! All is well so far down here. I graduate on April 30th and begin Ranger school on May 12th.
grin.gif
Still unsure of when I'll finally be back. Hopefully by July. Later! thegeneral.

General--I hope all goes well for you during your training. Hopefully you'll be done with Benning before the summer heat REALLY kicks in.

I remembered the thread about scent suppression and the bit about the chemical suit being cheaper than a commercial scent suppressing suit. I have a good buddy who has it in real good with a military surplus dealer with whom he does a lot of business. I can get stuff like that free sometimes. Need a footlocker? My buddy is going to pass through Iowa on his way to Alaska and will be bringing me a few extra footlockers and a few hundred silica gel sacks from the ammo plant.

[email protected]

Top Bottom