Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ticks and 'shrooms

kbgibby

Threebeards
While I'm sitting around waiting for 4th season, thought I'd see check on two other items I associate with turkey hunting. I talked with a friend who went first season who'd used Permanone on his clothes and still found four ticks in his hair. Are the ticks thick when you've been out?
Also, has anyone found any morels yet? I imagine the rain helped but we'll need a couple of days in the 70's to make em pop.

Nothing better than a bacon-wrapped turkey tender on the grill with a side of breaded 'shrooms!!!!!!

Threebeards
bow.gif

...I have heard (3rd hand) of some small grays being found in SW Iowa about the time 1st season started...my father also had a couple of ticks on him after a 1st season hunt...prime time for both of them is just around the corner...

I've got one of our 5th year pharmacy students searching the medical literature for studies of the most effective tick strategies. I'll let you all know the results.

I had several ticks on myself and the youth hunter that I mentored for, (that was the weekend of the 12th). Then last night our club was doing our roadside trash pickup and I had a big female deer tick munching away on my chest
mad.gif
and several of the other guys then did a quick arm/leg check and found several other females and a few males.
mad.gif
mad.gif
This was all in ankle high grass, so put on your bug dope fellas and a good post hunt check too... And if ya find one..
flame.jpg

The ticks are out in full force. Picked several off of me today while outside. The small gray morels are out in southern Iowa.....had a couple buddies of mine that found some while we were turkey hunting this past weekend. Those big ones will be just around the corner......

I found that ticks are very very thick this year!!! If you want something that you can put on your clothing that will kill ticks and mosquitos for 6 weeks check out the Coulston's Duranon tick repellent

Top Bottom