Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Timber Sale ?

singlecoyote

Proud member of the IBA
I am planning a timber sale on my property and am compiling a mailing list of timber buyers/loggers. Does anyone have one or two that they would reccomend? Also, any info on Walnut, Red/White Oak, Soft Maple "on the stump"-board foot prices would be great. Thanks.

Here is some good information to read...you will also find contacts for bonded timber buyers here. I'm sure any questions or contact information you need can be found through using your distric forester.

Marketing Iowa Timber

I thought I heard timber prices were down due to a slump in home building. Anybody know if this is true?

I don't know- they are still awfully proud of a sheet of plywood- priced that lately?

Wouldn't be surprised that housing materials are off and I don't know what we export. For a while everyone was blaming NO for shortage then Baghdad- note sure...

the last x amount of months Walnut has been really high, I don't know what it is right now.

We harvested around 30 Walnuts off our property, we were told prices were higher due to some shortage of harvest in Kentucky I believe it was, due to disease.

A logger told me in Oct walnut was high because China was buying it up to build for the Olympics. They want everything to be first class.

I was wondering how big walnut trees should be before harvesting & what the board/ft price would be on the average? I have a big one that came down in an ice storm that is about 22" in diameter at the base. There are several more close to that size I was thinking about cutting down to plant something more attractive to deer. I have another one that is about 4' in diameter but the main limbs branch off about 7' off the ground, think it's worth anything?

Top Bottom