Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

TODAY’S LATE SPRING PROJECT….

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got parts for this old tired drill!!!! It’ll make some natives go in soil now!!!! Running the Great Plains is WAAAYYYYY BETTER!!!!! But- we gonna make things grow either way. Planting & farming are full steam!!!! Just redid a few waterways & terraces I’m gonna seed down. Today was last of them!!!!

THEN….

Got 80 acres of CRP to do.

Corn & beans gonna BE VERY SOON. Some in ground already!!!
50A3A923-75B6-4679-8F31-8BFF3D9F7593.jpeg
259786DC-1D0A-452A-9EAE-1D18685A370C.jpeg
261DF329-A78A-4BF5-9855-51307614D317.jpeg
B54E323A-9245-4084-AECB-EA8DB7F14B99.jpeg

What's your forecast for the weekend there? Our agronomist told us to put the brakes on planting corn or beans till next week. Supposed to get mid 30s overnight here for a couple nights and rain.

What's your forecast for the weekend there? Our agronomist told us to put the brakes on planting corn or beans till next week. Supposed to get mid 30s overnight here for a couple nights and rain.
I’m almost in MO. We have PLENTY OF TIME. It does look warm HERE. I’ll pry plan on 2 more weeks or so before bulk goes in. Hoping to do CRP & then corn/beans.

Finally got parts for this old tired drill!!!! It’ll make some natives go in soil now!!!! Running the Great Plains is WAAAYYYYY BETTER!!!!! But- we gonna make things grow either way. Planting & farming are full steam!!!! Just redid a few waterways & terraces I’m gonna seed down. Today was last of them!!!!

THEN….

Got 80 acres of CRP to do.

Corn & beans gonna BE VERY SOON. Some in ground already!!!View attachment 124954View attachment 124955View attachment 124956View attachment 124957
Skip, I have that exact drill and I think we have both experienced "sticking" packing wheels based upon your picture(s) above. I would be very interested to hear what you did to solve that issue.

It looks like you replaced all of the wheels. If so, where did you get your new wheels? TIA.

Skip, I have that exact drill and I think we have both experienced "sticking" packing wheels based upon your picture(s) above. I would be very interested to hear what you did to solve that issue.

It looks like you replaced all of the wheels. If so, where did you get your new wheels? TIA.
Straight from truax. 5 emails with photos & 6+ phone calls later I finally got it all!!!! It’s a used drill & it’s very tired. But it’s nice to have spares. So I asked the owner…. “So - going down road it bottoms out on our gravel roads. Can I get higher lift cylinders so I don’t ruin openers?!?!” He says “no, only designed for 5” clearance with that model”. What?!? Ha!!! Apparently they made them better. Ya- this drill is called “back up plan for back up plan.” Or …. “If we have no other options- go use THAT drill with shiny new closing wheels” :)

Top Bottom