Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tree Planting done

bjkpharmd

I think alot of you know that my BIL is Rich at www.iowahabitats.com anyway I thought I'd share a couple pictures of the latest project Rich completed for me. I haven't counted them :)-) but he tells me there are about 3000 trees over 5 acres. I'm not sure everything they did but almost every tree looks great.

2007_06230009.jpg
2007_06230008.jpg
2007_05310045.jpg
2007_05310043.jpg
2007_05310041.jpg

It was pretty much all oaks (mixed- pin, white, bur), would have liked some pines but they would have had to be fenced- I was mistaken about tubing them. The road is hard surface and doesn't really have a shoulder so I wasn't that worried about screening. There is also a change in elevation that gives deer plenty of places in the front to move without being seen from the road.

Looks great Pharmer! My 5 acres of trees are doing great too, except for the red cedars, some of them are turning brown. Wouldn't you know the "trash" trees that most farmers fight to kill would be the stubborn ones!
grin.gif
Do you plan on waiting until August to mow around them? I guess they never stated if mowing along the strips had to be done after primary nesting season.

[ QUOTE ]
Looks great Pharmer! My 5 acres of trees are doing great too, except for the red cedars, some of them are turning brown. Wouldn't you know the "trash" trees that most farmers fight to kill would be the stubborn ones!
grin.gif
Do you plan on waiting until August to mow around them? I guess they never stated if mowing along the strips had to be done after primary nesting season.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mine are doing the same. About 300 cedars and close to half are brown. All other trees look to be doing great. I got my seedlings from the state and they appeared to be very healthy. We will have to see how the rest do...

I've used Rich and Monte at iowahabitats.com for planting food plots (got best stand of clover I've ever had), TSI (timber stand improvement-which I think has increased my deer population by at least double)and apple tree plantings (planted over 100 apple trees in key areas-they know where to put them).

These guys are very down to earth and honest and they know how to maximize the cost share programs with the government. Most everything was 75% cost share so I had to only pay 25% of the cost.

Very good people to work with!

Cory

Top Bottom