Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

trees in CRP

bjkpharmd

I'm still not sure about the difference between tree removal in CRP extensions and new contracts. If a tree can be plowed under the field is fit to farm?

I don't have that many, some are in areas where I'll leave them no matter what and if I get reduced acreage it will be ok. Other places I have planned before this to clear someout. Maybe 200-300 is a good guess. None are too big that I can't bush hog but not sure I want to tear up the surrounding area. I think I'll either do them with a chainsaw, sawblade trimmer, or find someone with a bobcat mounted shear. This would leave the "tree" intact. Would you leave them lay, pile them up, or burn? Cedar is going to be there a long time.

Took us a couple weekends a year for 3 years to pull out the first 300. Only took 1/2 hour to bush hog the last 50.

Turn'em into mulch!

Tim

I hate the bumpy stumps it leaves when you brush hog trees. Can be hard on tires too. It is the quickest easiest way though.

I understand that there is a farmer in Davis Co. with a shear and he is also purchasing 2 of the large brush cutters that will handle larger trees...and I expect he will have them paid for by the end of the summer!
What few I have I'm going to just buzz them by hand. Not sure where the FSA crew will draw the line on size? I understand they will notify the landowner if they have to remove trees or noxious weeds. I would think anything "plowable" would be ok??
shrug[1].gif

Top Bottom