Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trout

SaskGuy

Put the hunting aside for the weekend and went to the cabin for a couple days of trout fishing. I actually have to pull the boat in a few miles on a really crappy trail to get to the trout lake but it's worth it when you get there. I made sure to drag a neighbor with me as too many things can go wrong off the beaten path like that with only one adult. Caught alot of trout, no giant splake like I'd hoped. They were not shallow yet, only the little ones were. I guess I'll have to go back in Oct. some time to try and catch a pig.
Little splake
tro.jpg

trou.jpg

Rainbow
trout11.jpg

trout3.jpg

I lost a real good rainbow after it took me into some lilly pads and wrapped me up. My kid was covered in fish slime and water for 2 days straight. Once we got one in the livewell each day he may as well have jumped in with them he was so busy. He'd never caught trout before so he was happy as a clam.

As far as fun fighting and great eating, Lake Trout is number 2 in my book only just behind Salmon. Great job guys!!

Looks a like a fantastic outing! Fall fishing is some of the best to be had and trout fishing is under-rated IMO. Thanks for sharing, Kaare! :way:

-Longspurs-

Top Bottom